Here are the rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about me:
- I painted the flower of which my blog displays a portion of near the top. It is oil on 2m by 2m canvas. The bee is not meant to look dead (as someone pointed out) – it looked fine on the original photo I took. Here it is:
- Believe it or not, I grew up without a television in the house. That was out of choice by my parents and I never missed it. Instead, I grew up with boxes and boxes of Super 8 movies that my parents had salvaged from a “Video Store” when they moved to Video Cassettes. Oh, and books. Lots of books. I still rarely watch television unless I pop a DVD in the player.
- I’m a techie (noun: a person who is expert in or enthusiastic about technology, especially computing) from a job perspective…BI (Business Intelligence) specifically. BUT…I completed my studies in music as a composer. Piano and Organ were my main instruments. I’ve barely touched them since 😦
The Five questions I’ve received from Drew:
- What is your favourite place you have visited? This is always a tricky question because I’ve seen so many fabulous places – each one is special in its own way. So…I’m reusing an existing answer of mine: I love Switzerland (when I can afford it), Thailand is just special, the Kruger National Park (South Africa) is always wonderful, New York has an amazing energy. Don’t have a favourite.
- What would you do if you had a time machine and didn’t have to worry about the ill effects of time travel? I’d transport myself back to the Wild West (but the one as depicted in the movies) and be a no-nonsense cowgirl 😉
- What was your favorite film released last year? I don’t watch too many new releases, but of those I’ve watched, Ballerina (aka Leap) and Jane Got a Gun were the ones that stood out from last year. Ballerina was just magical. Jane Got a Gun, despite not receiving good ratings, is one of those I just enjoyed.
- Why did you start blogging? Purely as a means of expressing myself, as an outlet for whatever came to mind. For nobody but myself but in a “public” forum so that I needed to make an effort.
- If you could live in any fictional world, which would you choose? Well, this one probably goes hand-in-hand with question 2…the Wild West as depicted in the movies is a fictional one. So yes…that’s the fictional world.
Wow…I don’t know what to put down as my best post…is it the best “performing” or my best as in the one I think is my best. So…my “best performing” with number of views is here (wow…didn’t expect that one), with number of likes is here and my best post is here.
Now for the hard part – the 5 questions. Here they are:
- What is the most out-of-character thing you have ever done?
- Name one of the things that you haven’t gotten around to but still want to do/see in your life.
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- What is your “guilty pleasure” movie or book?
- Silly question: if you had to create a story using a mish-mash of existing book or movie characters – a good character (your protagonist), a villain, a superhero and a fantastical being, who would you bring together?
Here are the bloggers I’d like to award this to (in no particular order) and if they would like it:
Fiction Fan (see it as a birthday blog gift)