For those of you who read my answers (and questions) from Drew’s nomination a few days ago, I’ve changed the content…no repeats 😉
Here are the rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about me:
- I have an Excel Spreadsheet (or, as I like to call it…a small database) in which I list all the DVD and BluRay discs in my collection. In it, I have things like: Genre, Language, Country, Release Date, Film Date, Director, Music By, Bar Code, Rating (mine and IMDB) and a column for each year in which I mark the number of times watched. I know…I’m such a techie…
- I’m a keen cyclist although these days I don’t manage to get out as much as I used to. I used to enter at least four 100km plus social races each year.
- I make a point of only adopting rescue dogs…currently I have one very grumpy and opinionated Scottish Terrier called Angus (yes, what else would you expect…although I didn’t name him) and a very lazy Mini Schnauzer who thinks he’s a cat. He’s called Seppi and I drove roughly 400km (one way) to go fetch him (so 800km).
The Five questions I’ve received from Kira:
What do you know now that you wish you had known 10 years ago? Oh my…I have thought and thought and thought and I just can’t come up with something. Great question…I just don’t know…
What film or TV series would you say is your guilty pleasure? Northmen: A Viking Saga. I enjoy watching this one for the story (or lack of, as some say). It isn’t a big budget movie but for a Swiss, German and South African production filmed largely in South Africa it isn’t a bad attempt.
If you could pick any two famous people to be your parents, who would they be? I don’t want famous parents. I am happy with my own. Besides, there’s nobody famous who I could possibly want…famous people are in the limelight too much.
If you were to start a Film Club, what film would you show at the first gathering and why? Pulp Fiction. Can’t tell you why, just so…it seems like a good choice to start a Film Club. And it’s a pretty darn good movie.
What would you call your own talk show? Catherine’s Yackety Yack (That just came to mind on a whim so I’ll leave it at that)
As per my previous Mystery Blogger award…I wasn’t sure what to put down as my best post…is it the best “performing” or my best as in the one I think is my best. But this time, I’ll go with the one that I’ve had such wonderful responses to: Delightful…The Grand Seduction.
Now for the hard part – the 5 questions. Here they are:
- What do you prefer…the smell of freshly baked bread or freshly mowed grass/lawn?
- If you could delve into the life of one book and live it as if you were a character in it (not necessarily the main one)…i.e. if the world of a book could be visited, which book would it be? (Ahhh…I can “see” this so clearly in my mind…hard to explain)
- Are you a good cuppa tea or perfectly brewed coffee person?
- Most unusual food you have eaten (by your standards)?
- Silly/weird question: Take your current state of mind – if you had to pick a piece of music to represent where you are right now…what would it be?
Here are the bloggers I’d like to award this to (in no particular order) and if they would like it. I’m going to do a mix of new bloggers I’ve just discovered and the ones I’ve interacted with a fair amount.
Marta (Ramblings of a Cinephile)
Wednesday’s Child (Seven Doors of Cinema)
Thom (The Immortal Jukebox)
Debbie (Moon in Gemini)
Charlene (Charlene’s (mostly) Classic Movie Reviews)