…Thank you so much Taking Up Room. What really made my day (other than you awarding me this reward in the first place) is a line in your final paragraph: “…because I want to give a shout out to just a few of my blogger inspirations.”. Wow…thank you!
Moving along…I aneed to get the “formalities” out the way…here they be:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. (Yep, done)
- Include a link to their blog. (Also done)
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (Well, this is where it gets hard because my blogging community runs in the same circles…so, we may be nominating each other back and forth…so, no offense if I haven’t nominated you…many of you have already been nominated by Taking up Room or even Pure Entertainment Preservation Society. If I “re-nominate” you, please don’t feel you need to do a second tag):
- Daskleinebunte – here
- What the Craggus Saw – here
- The Immortal Jukebox – here
- Book Beach Bunny – here
- Film 4 Fan – here
- The Lonely Author – here
- SindrElf – here
- Assholes Watching Movies – here
- Wolfmans Cult Film Club – here
- Maddy Loves Her Classic Films – here
- Moon in Gemini – here
- mf Monika Fülöp – here
- Tranquil Dreams – here
- The Stop Button – here
- Caftan Woman – here
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. (see previous comment)
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. (see below)
- I, not having thought myself a “cat person”, was given this gorgeous few week old bundle of fur and bones a few months back…and I’m totally a cat person now. Wow…I never expected the affection, the character that are cats. Yes, it has taken us a mindset change from having had dogs my entire life…but wow, worth it in every way. And…the cat will NOT sleep on my bed…well..I guess the picture shows how well that has gone…
- My ultimate genre of movie is the Western (so…the more “traditional” ones, those set in the old “wild west”…I really can’t watch these sci-fi and contemporary ones) . And I go through “binge” every couple of years where I pretty much watch all my western DVDs back to back (as much as family and work allows for this) and then feel all disappointed that I have to face the “modern” world again.
- My love for movies comes from the Super 8 reels my parents rescued from the rubbish dump when video cassettes came out. There was something special about changing light bulbs in projectors, “helping” the stuck film along before it melted, rewinding reels, changing reels (usually 4 to a movie) and just the general experience.
- My all-time favourite movie is The Last of the Mohicans (1992) and that line “You survive! You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you! No matter how long it takes, no matter how far. I will find you!” is my ultimate quote and declaration of love ever.
- A little over a year ago I moved country and continent. From the Southern to the Northern Hemisphere. And I’m still getting used to this Christmas in Winter idea…very strange concept 😉 Christmas is swimming pools and days in the hot sun for me.
- I’ve only discovered the book Pride and Prejudice this year (thus far I’d only seen the movie version). I started it on Audio Tape and couldn’t wait those arduous hours each day/night before my next commute to or from work so I read the book version whenever I could. Ah…it is wonderful!
- After finishing Lonesome Dove in a matter of days I just couldn’t read another book for at least two weeks because I had been so deeply pulled into the characters that reading about anyone else felt traitorous.
Well…that’s it for now.