…Gosh, Gill (RealWeegieMidget)…I “owe” you a big Thank You for nominating me for a Liebster Award…”Thank You”. And I definitely owe you some answers…rather late than never (and I’m keeping on the lower side of that max 11 of everything)…here goes:
- Thank the nominator in your award post.
- Place the award logo somewhere on your blog.
- You must state up to 11 facts about yourself.
- Complete the questions that your nominator provided.
- Nominate as many bloggers as you’d like (11 is the maximum).
- Ask your nominees a series of questions (11 is the maximum).
Some Facts about Me
- I have a weakness for Cacti and Succulents. I just recently (yes, at the beginning of winter…how silly) decided I’d give a go at growing them from seed. Of the 14 seeds I’d planted…one appears to be doing ok, the other is hanging on for dear life and the third remaining one…I’m not really sure what’s happening…just too small to see. But…I swore I’d manage to get at least 1 going…let’s see. Otherwise, I have plenty of seed left…will just have to wait for spring like any normal person would do 🙂
- I started learning to Snowboard this year. What’s the big deal? Well…a big thing I have you know…I’m not a youngster (in the 40s range) and had never done any snow activities in my life (before moving to Switzerland 3 years ago). So far, so good…and lots of fun. Although, this winter might not happen…
- I work as a Business Data Analyst but am actually a music graduate.
- My favourite book of all time is Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry.
- I have never seen the movie Forrest Gump. And somehow, I don’t think I will…as brilliant as everyone says it is, I somehow just don’t feel drawn to it. Sorry 😦
1. Who would you most like to meet from the world of film?
What a difficult question…I’m not really one to want to meet celebrities but hey…just for fun…I’d like to meet…ahm…gosh…any of the nice, down-to-earth actors/actresses that I’ve enjoyed on screen. As long as they aren’t arrogant or rude.
2. If you could go behind the scenes on a movie or TV Show which one would it be?
Without a second thought…Peaky Blinders. I find it such an excellent series that has put a lot of effort into the outcome. It would be really interesting to see how it all works behind the scenes.
3. What’s your favourite genre…?
Do I really need to answer that? Westerns (the classic, traditional type ones) of course!
4. Who do you think deserves an Oscar nomination who hasn’t had one yet.
Well, most of the people I’ve hoped would get nominated have been nominated. But, maybe Cillian Murphy should be recognised.
5. You are the only survivor on earth with one superhero, who is it? Why?
Maybe I should have answered this post before watching The Boys because now I have absolutely no wish to be left alone with any superhero. But, if I really have to…maybe Hawkeye as he is least like a superhero. Or so I think.
6. What’s your feelings about remakes or reboots?
On the whole, I feel that it is best to leave the originals as they are. Especially the good originals. Having said that though, there have been some brilliant remakes recently. So, I think my answer is…it depends.
7. What’s your fave all time find on those streaming packages…
8. Who would you most like to see in more movies and in what genre.?
I thoroughly enjoyed Michael Fassbender in Slow West and feel he fits the Western genre well. In fact, I’d like to see more of many actors and actresses in some good Westerns.
I’m not a big cake eater but I do like a good chocolate cake. No cream! No ice-cream! Just plain.
10. What’s your favourite Hollywood era?
The Classic Era brought out some wonderful movies, however, I really enjoyed the early contemporary or modern period with the rom-coms and gems coming from the 90s.
11. If you could go back in time and warn a star about something that happens to them in the future, who would it be and what would you tell them…
Well, lacking on imagination here but I’d tell Brandon Lee that The Crow would be more realistic than he could ever imagine.
- Which screen character do you most identify with and why?
- Your place to escape and think?
- Is there a movie that ranks amongst your favourites yet has been deemed a failure or received low ratings? Which movie is it?
- What is the last movie you saw? Thoughts on it?
- Dog or cat person?
- They often say that the book is better than the movie. There are, in my opinion, instances where the opposite is true. Which movie do you think is better than the book? Why?
- Sometimes movies would be much better given a different cast. Re-cast such a movie.
- Longest movie ever watched (not series)
So, the nominees…always the hard part…as I’m really trying to find my way back into the Blogging world…I’ll leave this open to anyone who wants to participate. Sorry…but I’m so out of touch…I’ll make it up to all of you soon.