Things work out in weird ways…I was just wondering what I should write about (and I’m not in the mood for a movie or music post) when along comes Eva of Coffee, Classics and Craziness with a delightful tag…
She kind of (any excuse to join in) tagged me in that she tagged anyone who enjoys re-watching movies. Yes…RE-watching. And no…don’t come with that line “oh…but how can you possibly watch a movie more than once”….hmm…but then you are mostly movie bloggers reading this so I think that comment is redundant…oh whatever…here are my fours…
Four Jobs I’ve Had
- General office assistant at the Consulate General while a student;
- Part-time book seller while a student;
- Piano teacher (yes…how did you guess…while a student);
- Business Intelligence (Analytics) and Data Warehouse Consultant (not as a student).
Four Things I Don’t Eat
This one is hard because I pretty much eat everything.
1. Uhm….hmmm…actually….I don’t know…I’ll come back to this one…sometime…
Ok…I’m back…brain…that I won’t eat. And fruit in meals…like, in main meals – dinner. So, for example pineapple in Riz Casimir or raisins in pumpkin. That’s about it. And primary school camp meals.
Four Places I’ve Lived
- Lambton, South Africa (yes, yes, I’m a Germiston girl);
- Dowerglen, South Africa;
- River Ridge, South Africa;
- Because “lived” is past tense…I can’t put down my current location…so, you’re left with three entries above I’m afraid.
Four of my Favorite Foods
- Roast Chicken with roast potatoes and the works;
- Chocolate (that’s a food right….? Daft question…of course it is 😀 ).
Four Movies I’ve Watched More Than Once
Only four????? What???? Ok, fine…four it is:
- Last of the Mohicans (I’ve lost count how many times I’ve seen this one);
- Catch and Release;
- The Magnificent Seven (1960);
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
Four TV Shows I Watch
I don’t watch TV…sorry.
Peaky Blinders (does that count?)
And Rome….many years back…
Four Things I’m Looking Forward to This [Coming] Year (2018)
- Taking things as they come;
- More experiences in my new home in the northern hemisphere;
- Seeing my mother again when she finally joins us here in our new home;
- Spending time with family and friends.
Four Things I Can’t Live Without
Hmmm…I know this sounds all soppy but having made this big move to Europe from way down South Africa way…I’ve realised that there is only one thing I can’t live without…family and pets. Other than that, I missed absolutely nothing while I was waiting for the container. Neither do I miss the items I left behind altogether. I realised that we accumulate way too much and don’t really need most of it.
Now back to the lighter things…
Four Places I’ve Visited
- New York;
- Cape Town.
Four Pet Peeves
Hmmm…going to give this one a miss – I mean, I’d rather focus on positives…
Four Things I Wish I Could Do
- Parkour – it looks soooo awesome;
- Speak Mandarin (I’ve started once before but didn’t have the time to learn);
- Climb the Eiger Nordwand;
- Finish writing the screenplay I started more than 5 years and just never get around to working on.
Four Subjects I Studied at School
- Physical Science;
- Computer Studies.
in contrast to my Uni subjects:
- Classics (Ancient Rome, Ancient Egypt, Death and Dying in the Ancient World and all those exciting things);
- Practical Music Studies (Piano and Organ);
- Composition Techniques and Form.
Four Things Near Me Right Now
Hmmm…how near is near?
tower pile of DVDs awaiting a first watch…some a re-watch;
- A mountain of paperwork;
- A mountain of rock, grass, trees and snow at the top;
- A world of new experiences awaiting me here in my new home.
So…now for the hard part…tagging fellow bloggers…oh, well, guess what, I’ve just tagged you! Yes…you…