well, not now and then but NOW…and THEN…as in…oh whatever…here’s the Blogathon…
As you might have discovered by now, now and then, well, actually quite often, Realweegiemidget Reviews and I end up going off on a tangent around actors (every now and then actresses) and what they were like way back then and also how gracefully they’ve all aged…hmmm…
Here’s the NOW & THEN Blogathon running from 12 to 15 November 2017.
Well, that all depends on which one of us you ask…I think it is the Now & Then Blogathon but Realweegiemidget Reviews is adamant it is the Then & Now Blogathon…oh well…each to their own. What’s important is that it’s a Blogathon and what it is about…
So, we’re asking you to:
- an actor or actress and review two movies in which they appeared OR;
- a director or producer and review two movies they directed or produced OR;
- a film or tv series which has been rebooted or remade and review those.
BUT there needs to be at least a 20 year age gap between the two films/tv series being reviewed.
- The reviews/posts need to be separate i.e. one review/post for the THEN choice (the earlier film and a separate review/post for the NOW choice.
- The THEN review/post must be sent to Realweegiemidget Reviews (here) and the NOW review/post must be sent to Thoughts All Sorts (that’s me, right here). We do require two reviews/posts i.e. if you only send one review/post we will deem the Blogathon requirements not met and won’t post it. So…we need to have both a THEN and a NOW review/post. Please send these to us within a few minutes of each other so we can keep track.
- No need to match up your reviews/posts…just send the relevant one to the relevant person and we’ll do the matching and linking and all that jazz.
- We will allow duplicate actors/actresses/directors/producers BUT not duplicate films. Example: we will allow duplicates of say, Leonardo DiCaprio, but not duplicate NOW and THEN films he appeared in. (although in Leo’s case Realweegiemidget Reviews might argue this point)
- Realweegiemidget Reviews and Thoughts All Sorts will link to each other’s sites during the Blogathon days as well as the recap. We will keep these updated as entries come in throughout the Blogathon.
- Due to us having to match up posts, we ask that you restrict entries to a maximum two sets/pairs of NOW/THEN combinations so we don’t lose track. (hope this makes sense)
- Remember….the age gap between the THEN and NOW selections must be at least 20 years e.g. 1978 and 1998.
- Have fun and be creative! Oh, and grab a banner below for your NOW post and head on over to Realweegiemidget Reviews (here) for the corresponding THEN banner.
You’ll find the roster further down.
The Poseidon Adventure and Poseidon
Leonardo DiCaprio in Marvin’s Room and Shutter Island
Dallas (1878-91) and Dallas 2012
3:10 to Yuma (1957) and 3:10 to Yuma (2007)
The NOW (and Then) roster so far:
Thoughts All Sorts – Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart (2009) (and Lolly-Madonna (1973))
Thoughts All Sorts – T2 Trainspotting (2017) (and Trainspotting (1996))
Realweegiemidget Reviews – Michael Caine in Interstellar (2014) (and The Eagle Has Landed (1977))
Realweegiemidget Reviews – Robert Downey Jnr in Captain America: Civil War (2016) (and Chances Are (1989))
– Little Women (1994)
(and Little Women (1994))
Tranquil Dreams – Jackie Chan in Police Story: Lockdown (2013) (and Police Story (1985))
Cinematic Scribblings – Jean-Pierre Léaud in The Death of Louis XIV (2016) (and Out 1 (1971))
The Humpo Show – Harrison Ford in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) (and Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
What the Craggus Saw… – Leslie Neilsen in The Naked Gun (1988) (and Forbidden Planet (1956))
pure entertainment preservation society – James Cagney in Mister Roberts (1955) (and Footlight Parade (1933))
Vinnieh – Joan Collins in The Stud (1978) (and Sea Wife (1957))
Taking Up Room – You’ve Got Mail (1998) (and The Shop Around the Corner (1940))
Silver Screenings – Ithaca (2015) (and The Human Comedy (1943))
Movie Reviews 101 – The Karate Kid (2010) (and The Karate Kid (1984))
Movie Movie Blog Blog – Charlie Chaplin as various in A Countess from Hong Kong (1967) (and The Kid (1921))
Moon in Gemini – The Magnificent Seven (2016) (and The Magnificent Seven (1960))
Listening to Film – Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy (2010) (and Tron (1982))
Dad Movies – TBC
Movie Reviews from the Dark – Nicole Kidman in The Beguiled (2017) or The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017) (and Dead Calm (1989))
Crítica Retrô – Robert Redford in Our Souls at Night (2017) (and Barefoot in the Park (1967))
Glenn’s Movie Mumblings – Tom Hanks in Sully (2016) (and Apollo 13 (1995))
In The Good Old Days Of Classic Hollywood – Robin Williams in One Hour Photo (2002) and The Angriest Man In Brooklyn (2014) (and Mork and Mindy (1978-82) and Dead Poets Society (1989))
Old School Evil Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) (and Transformers movie (1986))
Cinematic Catharsis Christopher Lee in The Resident (2011) (and Rasputin – The Mad Monk (1966))
silverscreenclassicsblog Mutiny On The Bounty (1962) (and Mutiny On The Bounty (1935))
Shameless Pile of Stuff Independence Day Resurgence (2016) (and Independence Day (1996))
Don’t forget to head on over to Realweegiemidget for her announcement by clicking here or on the image to the left.